Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Works for me Wednesday!

My WFMW is pretty simple, but here goes...

I struggled with how many plastic bags we end up with after a trip to the grocery store, and always felt a tad guilty just throwing them away. So, I started saving them and I use them in my small trash cans around the house. Now I don't feel quite so guilty about throwing them away because at least I've reused them. :D

I also just noticed the other day at a local grocery store (Kroger if anyone knows it) that they have a bin just inside their door where you can bring clean dry bags for recycling. Another alternative to look into if you're trying to figure out what to do with all the bags. :) So there you have it....works for me :)

You can check out more awesome WFMW ideas at Rocks In My Dryer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use my bags for the kids when they go to grandma's for the day, for library returns, all sorts of stuff. I've used them for trash bags too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I use mine to clean my cat boxes. (o:

Anonymous said...

We save all our bags too...
they are great for dirty diapers,
or as mentioned before, cleaning pet cages!

This is a great tip and probably one that a lot of people over look!

Anonymous said...

We use our plastic bags for the same things that you mention. I did recently notice the recycle bin just inside our grocery store as well. Now if I could only remember to put the bags I'd like to recycle in the trunk of my car!