Friday, October 13, 2006

Friendship

Growing up, I was always the outgoing kid, while my twin sister would be the one hiding under mom's skirt. Now as adults, we find the reverse is true. She is much more outgoing and me, much more reserved. Making friends used to be so easy for me. I'm not sure if it was one monumental thing that changed that, but now I feel painfully shy when it comes to new people.

I have found that having kids has somewhat eased the situation. Your kids play with their kids, and slowly conversation comes from it. I've met a couple moms this way who's children go to Lexi's school. I still feel ackward and shy, but slowly I've managed to break down my shell. I try, although I know I have a long way to go.

I have several really good friends. The kind that you might not get to talk for weeks, months, maybe even years....but when you're back together, it's as if nothing has changed. It's these friends whom I treasure most. And I hope they know that.

For me, online friends are priceless. It takes away some of the nerves of meeting face to face. I'm protected from behind my monitor and keyboard. I have come to meet some really interesting women this way....and I hope one day to meet them all. (and for me that is saying a LOT!)

A friend is like a good bra, close to your heart, hard to find and supportive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL @ the hard to find bra part. LOLOL GREAT analogy.
awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'll be your friend :D Loved the Bra analogy!! Made me LOL!