Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Our bedtime routine

Everynight, we pretty much have the same bedtime routine. We brush teeth, go potty, get a drink of water, say famiy prayers, say our "thankfuls" (each person says one thing they are thankful for from the day) and then everyone exchanges is hugs and kisses and hop in bed. THEN, comes MY routine with each of them.

When I go in the girls' room, Haley is usually out of bed, so I scoop her up snuggle her in bed, and try to manage a hug and kiss--mostly she wants to try and lick me or pretend to eat my cheek. lol. Once I start to get up, she'll always say "I wan some hugs and kisses" and then I'll finally get some.

Next, Lexi always hides under her blanket and I try to guess where she is, which follows with giggles from under the blanket. When at last I "find" her, I get lots of hugs and kisses, in fact she never wants to STOP giving them and usually says "I just love you so much I don't want to let go". *awwww* Sweet.

Then, I make my way to the boys' room, and usually David is already asleep. I'm sure his own bedtime routine will come when he's a little older. It's harder with little ones.

Robby and I have this little game we play every night. I start out by sniffing his face and saying something like "You smell like chicken" to which he replys "that's because I ate some" Then he'll sniff my face and tell me what I smell like. Sometimes it's quite commical and he'll tell me stuff like I smell like garbage (in an ever so loving way---complete with a little giggle). We usually go back and forth telling each other what we smell like but we always end with (him): "You smell like *sniff sniff sniff sniff* my sweet mommmmmm." and (me): "Awww you smell like *sniff sniff sniff sniff* my sweet boy". Silly I know but I love it. If I forget and just try to give simple hugs and kisses, he is quck to remind me "mom, you have to smell me" :D. I'm sure he won't wanna play the sniffing game when he's a teenager, eh?

No comments: