Wednesday, January 17, 2007

ok, I admit it...

My name is Erin and I am a closet American Idol fan. There I said it.

BUT in my defense, I think Simon generally is rude and a lot of times way too personal when he tells someone their horrible. It's one thing to say you're bad but quite another to say you're bad AND you look like a bush baby....even if you do.

The thing that I just don't get is this: (well besides the large amounts of people who can't sing who REALLY thought that they WERE the next American Idol.) Last night there was a kid on (I think he was 16 or 17) and he really couldn't carry a tune in a bucket (that's my professional opinion). After receiving the no-go, he proceeded out to his family where he cried. He said "I just wanted to start out famous". And his mother (well I assume it was his mother anyway) told him "You will be famous...you will!".
I know you want to help your children reach their goals, but I think there has to be some kind of reality check in there somewhere.

Is it similar to when you have a baby and you think it's the cutest baby in the history of ALL MANKIND? Does she really think he's destined to be a singing legend?? Or will she look back to this and think what the heck was I thinking?? Much like the funny newborn pictures that, while cute, are a little funny looking to you now. :D

There. My secret is out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that.

Anonymous said...

what are you saying exactly? You don't think I should audition?