Monday, January 8, 2007

A huge milestone....BUT

Haley has always had a hate relationship with the potty. It always been me begging her to wear panties and bribing her to go potty. I thought eventually she'd just take it from I left off, but she really just doesn't care.
Today when she woke up, without any discussion, I put her in panties as soon as she got up. I always have put her in a diaper for naps because she takes a pretty long nap. And everyday, she willing takes the panties off and says "I don wanna wear my pannies anymoie". Today I was running late to get Lexi from school, so I didn't bother putting panties back on her, but as soon as we got home, I bribed her again LOL. So, she willingly put panties back on to get some juice.
Somehow tonight, we were talking about diapers (Rob was making a big deal that she was wearing panties--you know praising her for doing a good job) and I told her we'd have a party when she was all done with diapers. So she excitedly told me she is done and she is not wearing diapers anymore (and even told me that only David will wear diapers now). I am overjoyed that she's so excited to be done with diapers, BUT she refused to wear one to bed, and I know I'm not THAT lucky. But I didn't want to dampen her spirits so I let her go to bed in panties. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself when I'm washing sheets in the morning, but what can I do!?! ACK!

My only thought was to take her potty when I go to bed. Guess we'll see....Any advice is GLADLY welcome (sought after) :D She's by far my hardest potty trainer.

No comments: