Friday, June 30, 2006

Fireworks on the 30th of June!

Just isn't the same, eh? Our city always does their fireworks show not on the 4th. I would understand more if were the Saturday before, but today is Friday. Where's the logic? Anyway, I let the older 2 stay up late since we can see the show from our carport. The excitement started at dinner...

Them: We're going to see the fireworks after dinner.

Me: Um, no it'll be later tonight...so you get to stay up late.

Them, every 15 from then on: I thought we were going to see the fireworks show!?

Me: Yes, but it has to get dark outside first...like the sky has to actually be black so you can see the lights.

Them: Ohhh, black like this (the dishwasher), and this (every other black thing they came in contact with thereafter)....

Then, during the fireworks, I guess the sound caught Robby off guard. He gets a really worried look on his face and says "Ohmygoodness....I think it's going to rain". He thought the sound of the fireworks was thunder. Gotta love him.

We're actually going to fireworks show in a different city on the 4th (imagine that), so I'm sure we'll get some interesting conversation then.

No comments: