Monday, June 12, 2006

All the comforts of scrapping....err I mean home?

I had SUCH a great day on Saturday. Truely exactly what I needed. The kids even were good for Rob and I didn't get any complaints! (well, one small rant about the babysitter during the day falling sleep....but this is a HAPPY post...)

Anyway, I came home at the end of the day in such a happy, relaxed mood. I peaked in on my sleeping babes before crawling into my own bed, and kissed each of them. I love the sense of renewal that I get from one simple day away. It makes me excited once again to be a mom.

Yesterday, we can stake conference. I will admit that in the past, I've been bad about SC because most times, Rob was working and I didn't want to drag the kids by myself....etc. But this time I decided to be good and, well they have to learn at some point to sit through a longer meeting. As it turns out, Rob was able to go, so that was nice. It was a great meeting, and if nothing else, it was nice to see our steak all together. I'm not really sure why...
The congregational hymn was "The Spirit of God". It is my all time favorite hymn. I love hearing it in large groups because the power in it's message. It gives me chills every time I hear it.
After, we went to my brother's house for a family dinner/hang out. It was really nice having everyone together.

So now it's Monday and a lazy day it's been! Lol came over and we've just been vegging out and playing with the kids. It's been nice to be lazy. We're thinking of taking the kids to be pool after naps. I love summertime. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I am so glad you got some time to youself...you deserve it! I love ya