Monday, July 3, 2006

decisions decisions

Recently I've become hooked on the world of html...well ok not exactly just html, but more particuarly, creating custom blogs for a couple people. I suppose it appeals to me because it's definately a little more challenging than making signatures...which I still like making, when time permits.
So, I think I've decided to go to school for graphic design. I still want to go into nursing, and think I will, later down the road. But for now, I think this will fit into live a little easier. Espeically since I enjoy it. So there you have it! I need to go by the college and register and all that stuff, but I'm hoping to take 2 classes this fall...one online and one "real" class. I know it doesn't seem like much, but with kids at home....well, baby steps. :)
I'm actually excited about going back to school. It's adding another element to me. There are a lot of days that I feel like just mommy, cook, maid, a slave. LOL

Oh, speaking of slave....lately, I've been trying to teach my kids to be a little more helpful around the house. So, we've implemented a few new rules, like clearing their own places when they are finished eating. One particular day, I was just fed up with picking up everyone's stuff, and had to remind them to clear their places, and I added "because I'm not the slave around here.". So now, when I ask them to make sure they clear their places, Alexis will chime in "yeah because she's not the slave".

Oh, and a mini update to fireworks on the 30th of june LOL.....well as it turns out the other city we had planned to go to on the 4th for fireworks had their "show" on Saturday. We were going to go, but the kids were just TOO grumpy, and we decided to just let them burn sparklers. Of course, it ended up only being Alexis and Robby, as the 2 younger ones crashed (we made them wait until it was dark outside). They loved the sparklers! Way too much fun! Of course, what would my day be like if that's where it ended.. (normal maybe?)..After burning the sparklers, we were getting the older two ready for bed, and Robby starts complaining about his lip. It's a little puffy and swollen, so I got him to me for a closer inspection. (can you see where this is going??). I new as soon as I saw it what happened. He burned his top lip. Can you guess on what?? can you?? Yep, you guessed it......a sparkler. He had touched one of them to his lip. OUCH! I don't know why he didn't complain when he did it, but it wasn't until after that he was fussing about it. Poor guy....guess he won't do that again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on deciding to go back to school!

Anonymous said...

ROFL... poor lil guy.
He's a boy, and I'm willing to wager that Every. Single. Little Boy. on the face of the earth has tried it at least once (or something like it).
Hugs and congrats. :)