Tuesday, June 20, 2006

packing...arrggggh.

I HATE packing. I hate the nagging feeling like you're forgetting something. I hate having to figure out what me and 4 other people will wear for the next 5 days. And maybe if clothing was all I had to worry about, it wouldn't be so bad. But, you have to throw in diaper, wipes, formula, bottles, liners, and that's just the beginning. I thought traveling would be easier with a minivan (when we only had 3 kids, we stuffed ourselves into our honda accord) but even in the minivan, it seems we always end up like sardines stuffed in a can. I do have to give myself some serious kudos tho...I can always manage to find space to squeeze some of those things that aren't really necessary, but make life a little easier...like the baby swing or the exersaucer. :D
My hatred for packing also stems from the UNpacking. Because from such, comes the dreaded L word. Laundry. Double Ugg. Sometimes it takes me a full week to feel back in the swing of things after traveling somewhere. But, it is usually worth it in the end. I just have to grumble while I'm doing it.
Tomorrow we are going to visit my inlaws. The kids are really excited to see Grandma and P-Paw again, along with their aunts and uncle and their cousin.
If you can't tell, I've spent the evening......packing.

BTW....if anyone knows why some of my "blog buddies" aren't the same, could you help a girl out? I'm too tired to fix it now, and since we're headed out of town tomorrow, I won't get around to fixing it until we return. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I hate when you leave! LOL Come home soon and enjoy the time away....