Wednesday, June 28, 2006

arrrrggg!

A couple weeks ago, I had a girl come watch the kids for a couple hours so I could go to an all day crop. When I came home to take her home, she really wouldn't say much at all. So, once I dropped her off, I asked the kids what she did with them. That's when Alexis informs me that the baby sitter FELL ASLEEP on the job. So, I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and asked what the kids were doing (I figured it wouldn't have been SUCH a bad thing if they were all down for naps or something like that). But no, they were watching TV and playing puzzles. So, that irritated me. Definately won't use her again.
Well...
Today, Alexis asks me if she could go outside on the carport and blow bubbles. She says "Can I take Robby and Haley outside and blow bubbles, I'll watch them". I told her, "No, you're too young to be incharge of the other kids outside by yourself.." And then she tells me "When the babysitter was here, she let me take them outside by myself to blow bubbles." WHAT?! So once again, trying to figure out the situation, asked her what the babysitter was doing. "Well, she was sleeping so I asked her if I could take Robby and Haley outside to blow bubbles, and she let me". That's great, let a FOUR YEAR OLD be in charge of 2 kids outside by herself while you go take a nap. It really makes me upset. The babysitter is like 16ish....it's not like she's a newbie babysitter and maybe wouldn't know any better.
tsk tsk tsk.
thanks for reading my vent. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'd be ticked too! I hope your search for a new babysitter goes well.

Anonymous said...

I'd tell the mom. She probably has no idea what her daughter is doing.
As a mother of babysitting teenagers, I would be FURIOUS if my daughters did this... and I would be furious if some babysitter did it to my kids!
Oh I'd be so mad.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would be sooo ticked!
If it were me, i would confront the girl...but that's me. : )

Thanks goodness nothing bad happened while you were gone!