Sunday, July 23, 2006

smell my what??

I don't remember where I was reading but I came across someone discussing not knowing whether or not her significant other was a slob and just cleaned up before she came over or if he was truly a neat person. Someone suggested to her to smell his sponges. It's probably been 3 weeks since I read it, and yet I still keep thinking about it. Basically she was saying if his sponges smell bad, he's probably a slob.
Well, I don't know about all of you, but um YUCK. There is a reason you periodically throw away your sponges...enough said. So before you think I'm a slob based on the smell of my sponge, just take a sec and remember what you've wiped down with your own sponge. And for those of you without kids, we're talking about a whole other realm of icky sticky stuff.
I'm sorry do you really want to smell my sponge? I think I might have to reconsider our friendship if you do. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it odd that I can't even touch sponges because they might have a residual smell on them? If it doesn't have a handle on it, then my husband is washing with it. :)
Followed you here from Lil' Duck Duck... great posts.

Anonymous said...

LOL....smell my sponge???? That's one I hadn't heard. I'm with you...if you need to smell my sponge to know that I'm not a slob then we really need to take a step back and look at our friendship. LOL...Good one!

Anonymous said...

LOL...no smelling sponges here. Get some Clorox Wipes!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Alrighty then! I hadn't heard the smelling the sponge thing before but that's just nasty!! I can be a slob (think cluttered not dirty) sometimes, but I change my sponge every other day.