Monday, July 10, 2006

A big victory....and moments that make you smile.

Alexis has struggled for what seems forever to successfully pedal and steer her bike. And more often than not, after only a few minutes of trying, she'd throw the towel in and be upset and just quit trying. Despite much encouragement from me, she would just give up each time.
Well today, we were out riding bikes in the carport, as well as drawing with sidewalk chalk and playing in the sprinkler in their bathing suits. I'm SO proud to say that she has mastered not just pedaling but also steering. I'm serious, it's like night and day difference. I'm not sure what clicked in her little noggin, but she just all of a sudden can do it! I'm so happy for her!

And onto moments that just make you smile...
Little Haley is such a hoot. She's just so little and innocent looking, and yet at times she is a total TERROR. Ohhh man does she have a healthy set of lungs on her. Tonight we had pancakes with vanilla ice cream and strawberry syrup. She LOVES strawberries. I absolutely LOVE how she says strawberries though. It comes out something like "stwabbies". It just makes me giggle. "moooom you get me some stwabbies? Pleeeeeeeeese?"
Then there's my poor son. We call him Robby. His full name is William Roberts though, and despite his best efforts, still struggles to say it. So if you ask him his full name, you're likely to get something like "Ribblets Robblets". It makes his older sister laugh to no end. Poor guy. My little Riblets. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I have some stwabbies Erin???

I love reading about your family. You're kids are awesome, and totally cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Riblets and Stwaberries.