Friday, September 1, 2006

It's been awhile, I know...*blush*

I know it's been a while since I last blogged...things have just been hectic and life often gets in the way. :)

The kids have been battling a cold, which is never fun. I keep telling them to NOT share with their siblings, but alas, what's one sick kid when you could have four?? Haley and David have had it the worst, and both have been wheezy. Sooooo, on top of all the other fun, we've added breathing treatments into the mix. Calgon anyone??

Alexis is still loving Kindergarten. She's only had one mediocre day, and it was because she got a little too talkative with her classmates. Hmm like mother like daughter. I think almost all of my report cards from school always said something to the effect of being a bright student, but I talked too much. At least we know she comes by it honestly. She also celebrated her 5th birthday earlier this month. She is a PROUD 5 year old, let me tell you!

Robby cracks me up. Lately anytime we got ANYWHERE he strikes up a conversation with someone (ie a sales clerk or another parent). I think he started doing it because when we walk Lex to school, we pass by a bunch of parents walking home and we always say good morning. It can be quite commical tho when he runs down the whole list of his sisters, brother, mother and father and then ever so casually says "What's your name?" It was Mindy at the store the other day and not even missing a beat he chimed "Well hi, Mindy....I'm Robby." Such a funny kid. I hope he's always so outgoing. He is really looking forward to his upcoming birthday this month. Too bad he doesn't have the concept of 18 days (or whatever number we happen to be on) from today. He keeps asking if his birthday is tomorrow. Guess by the time his birthday gets here I'll be ready to say YES IT'S TOMORROW.

Haley is definately 2. She can be VERY sweet and loving when she wants to be, but when she's unhappy, WATCH OUT! Her current obsession is still babies, and insists on carrying as many babies as she can find. She gets quite distraught if she drops one or if I suggest she not carry so many. I think she's destined to have at least one set of multiples. I do love to see her little personality emerge. I think she definatley has a little soft spot for David. I love watching her play with him and be sweet to him. It gets me through the tantrums that she just loves to throw. She has absolutely NO interest in potty training, but is ALL about doing things herself (like getting dressed or undressed--even if it's the wrong way around).

Annd David is FULLY mobile now. It took him NO time whatsoever to learn crawling. He pulls up to stand next to everything and even does a slow cruise around the furniture. I keep telling him to slow down but he never listens! I think he's determined to follow in his siblings' footsteps and be an early walker. I gave him his first haircut a few weeks ago. His "donald" 'do in front was becoming a little much, and I kept getting the "aww how old is SHE" comments, so I bit the bullet and trimmed him. He looks like such a little man now. It does look better....but still....WAAAHHHH. He LOVES food and wants whatever anyone else is eating. At his last appt he weigned in at 19 lbs. I'm still working on getting him to say MAMAMMAMAMAMMAMA. He still thinks dadadaddadadadadadadada is more fun tho....lil stinker. :)

So there you have it....an update of sorts. I do promise to try and be less of a slacker. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that the kiddos are sick. Nate always has to have breathing treatments, or should I say more treatments, when he's sick. He is on a nebulizer daily for asthma.

Yay for baby David on being mobile. I also feel for you in the potty training department. Nate is still not taking to it either.

~ Tonya

Anonymous said...

ummm...thanks for the update, but WHERE's THE PICS??!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Love your bloggie!!! ~lain