Friday, September 22, 2006

"I hope you have a child just like you...."

Hmmm I think everyone has heard that phrase....funny when it actually happens.
Alexis came home from school REALLY upset that she got a frowny face in her agenda for the day. Her teacher has a 5 point scoring system to rate each day--excellent, great, good, satisfactory, and ummm bad or something LOL. Alexis has had ALL excellent days and one great (for talking too much...eek another mother like daughter thing). Today's comments read that Alexis overall did have an excellent day, BUT she wrote on a desk in the media center. (she wrote her OWN NAME I might add) (MOM if you're reading this...I can already hear the laughter...) The teacher told the kids that if whoever did it fessed up, they would only have to move their name down one "degree". But when she was asked, she denied it (twice). Once the teacher pointed out that it was her handwriting, she admitted it and had to move her name down 3 spaces. :( She was SO upset. So where is the "child just like you" coming in?? When I was little (I don't remember how old..) I CARVED my name onto my mom's sewing desk. I couldn't help but giggle inside when I found out what Lexi did today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying a word, BUT and am laughing A LOT!!!!! Guess who!