Wednesday, January 7, 2009

shoe shopping

I have a serious love for shoes. I love them. I would buy shoes all the time if I could. But today I realized that I don't love all shoe shopping....

This morning as the kids were getting ready for school, Robby's shoe broke. He had the no-tie elastic thingys type of shoe. (Do you know what I'm talking about?) So anyway he wore his bright orange crocs to school, but I had to find him some new sneakers this afternoon. So we went to the dreaded walmart. I don't particularly like walmart, but hey....5 kids, we're on a budget. So we went and there were hardly ANY shoes in his size. The few shoes that were his size, he hated. So I figured, no sweat we'll just run across the street to Payless. (Luckily it's right next to walmart). Oh did I mention I had all 5 kids with me on this little excursion? Yeh, that was fun. Except for the man who HAD to stop us and try to cheer up David--who was in the cart because he wouldn't listen and so was throwing a huge fit screaming and crying. Now I KNOW his intentions were good. But seriously...I don't like it. In fact I hate when people do this (and it happens more than you think..) I especially don't like it when they start saying "What's his name?....." so they can talk directly to him. Or when they start telling him that if he is good, I will buy him a treat. (Excuse me, what?) But that's a story for another day.

So we go over to Payless, which thankfully wasn't crowded, and I find the isle with his size shoes. There are 3 different sneakers. Three. So one is decent looking, and much to Robby's joy, even has annoying lights (which was ironic because I had just told him that they don't make light up shoes in his size at Walmart). The other two were awful looking shoes. And I hate to say that about any shoe, but they were bad. So I decided, I don't care, we'll get them. He loved them and that's what matters. I just don't understand why they had to be twice as expensive as any other sneaker at Walmart. Bt you know what, I didn't care. I could NOT stomach the thought of braving a different store, and so I bought them.

I had very similar trouble finding Lexi sneakers when school started. And I ended up at payless that trip too LOL. You'd think I would learn...

So while I LOVE shoe shopping for myself. I gotta say it's just not as much fun for the kids. Especially when they don't like the shoes I like for them. :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love shopping for shoes for me, but not for the girls. It's not easy to find decent shoes at a decent price that fit properly. Not fun at all!