Monday, January 5, 2009

David

I can hardly believe it's been 3 years since you were born.
You were like most of the rest of your siblings, stubborn and unwilling to come unaided! So on the morning of January 4th, we went to the hospital to be induced. It was a bit of a bumpy ride, as I had a reaction to some medication they gave me, and you kept having heart decelerations. But in the end, we both got through it and you were born at 2:36pm weighing 7lbs 15 oz and measuring 20 3/4 inches long!

I instantly fell in love with your fuzzy hair and your sweet expressions. Who wouldn't fall in love with a face like that!

I did also end up with a spinal headache and had to go back to the hospital for an epidural blood patch. But you were worth it.

You had elevated bilirubin levels and so we had to go back to the hospital to have your blood drawn. The waiting room was crowded with a lot of sick people and I blame this visit for you getting pneumonia. And so when you were about 2 weeks old, we were back at the hospital, this time for a few days.



Thankfully our stay wasn't long, and soon we were home again.And I could enjoy faces like these.

Can't you smell is baby breath? *sigh*







You really did have a lot of hair. The trouble was that it was all in front. We so affectionately called you "The David".



And before I knew it you were one.


And tho you were generally silly and happy, you still had a touch of seriousness.


Your smile has always made me melt.


Where did my baby boy go? And who was this little boy?








You have been my most challenging 2 year old. You were very strong willed and weren't afraid to voice your opinion!


And when we turned your whole world upside down and had your baby sister, you weren't jealous at all. You were smitten with her from the minute she came home and you still love to make her laugh. Watching you grow from my baby to a big brother has been priceless.

And now you're three. You love to sing me songs. You are still (thankfully) a momma's boy and often when you're having a tough moment, you just want to snuggle with me. We've conquered potty training! You are infatuated with soccer and can't wait until you're old enough to play on a team. (well a team besides your siblings).


It has gone so fast. Slow down, little man. You'll be grown before I know it.
Happy Birthday David! I love you so, so much.

4 comments:

Erin Noel said...

Dang, this means Nicholas will be 3 in a few months. I'm not ready for that! I love David's baby pics - he is such a cutie! We need to let the boys play this week so Nicholas can give David his birthday gift.

Toni said...

Happy Birthday David!!!

Great post! Can't believe how big he looks in the last 2 pictures!

Gina said...

Happy birthday, David! What a wonderful post!

Vanessa said...

I can't believe that he is 3. He's such a precious thing!