Sunday, November 18, 2007

a new calling

Today I was given a new calling in church. The only callings I've ever held before have involved playing the piano. I've been the Relief Society pianist, Primary pianist, choir pianist, and when I was still a teenager I was an assist pianist for Sacrament meeting. I think it's become my safety net. Pianists are usually in high demand (or at least they were in my last ward. Playing the piano is something I love to do, and is fairly easy to me.
So imagine my surprise when my new calling doesn't involve the piano at all! Instead I'm now the Beehive Adviser in Young Women! I haven't EVER taught a lesson to anyone in church before. Ever.
So while the idea of teaching does scare me a little, my fears were put mostly at ease when I got to sit in my class today. The girls are really sweet and really made me excited about this calling. I won't lie though, I'm still scared about the teaching part. :)
I am really thankful for this new opportunity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your blog and wow! I love your photos! I love your Kids! I love you! You are going to do great at your new calling. I'm so excited for you. I loved being the Mia maid and Laurel advisor. It's so much fun. I was very sad to leave but now I have a new calling too. I am the 14-18 year old teacher for sunday school. Kinda rowdy group but good kids. :)
Mary

Anonymous said...

You're going to be so great! I'm absolutely thrilled about it -- and don't worry, I'm always here to help out in class!

Anonymous said...

I have lead studies before... and it is mainly facilitating their learning.. and exploring the bible.
The hardest part is keeping everyone on track;)

Anonymous said...

How cool! It's the most important thing you can do...introducing kids to God.

Anonymous said...

Happy tday---
I'm grateful for you!!
xx
me

Anonymous said...

dying to hear how it went....
xx
L