Tuesday, November 27, 2007

gobble gobble and ho ho ho

I had a post started for Thanksgiving, but wouldn't you know things just got so busy with the turkey day and traveling out of town visiting with family that I never did get a chance to post.

We had a nice visit with Rob's family. We even got a short visit his great Aunt, whom we haven't seen in about 5 years. That was really sweet. We stayed with her when Robby was born and needed surgery in Atlanta. She really is a sweet lady. :)

And now that turkey day has come and gone, we move on to Christmas!! I'll admit it too, we've been listening to Christmas music even before Thanksgiving was here. I can't help it. Of course it helps too that one of the radio stations started playing nothing but Christmas music! And the kids love it just as much as I do!

Last night we went and bought our tree. I've missed having a real tree. I love the smell. Maybe I won't love it so much in another 4 weeks after cleaning up the needles over and over. But for now I'm loving it. I can sit and stare at the lights forever. It's so peaceful to me!

Speaking of four weeks....can you believe that it's only FOUR WEEKS until Christmas!?!?! This "Mrs. Claus" better get crackin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. My kids are loving the christmas spirit too. I turn the tree lights off when I go to bed and Sam wakes up and gets mad saying "who turned off the tree!" But in his cute little way. :) Happy shopping! If I were there I'd watch your kids for you.