Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the christmas card conundrum

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it...the lights, the sounds, the music, the cold weather, the Spirit that surrounds the season, the story of the baby Jesus, Santa, hot cocoa, mittens....I mean come on! It just doesn't get any better than that!

I love receiving Christmas cards too. I was reading Oh, Amanda's "oh! ho! ho!" posts and realized I need to get going on my card for this year. Every year I have to try to out do what I've done the year before with my own cards. I tried to handmake my cards, but I never got around to actually mailing them out. (I tried with the same cards for 2 or 3 years and gave up). Then I turned to digitally made cards, thanks to my B.F.F., photoshop!

This was our card last year:


With Thanksgiving already next week, I suddenly feel like I'm falling behind and should already be working on this year's card. I still need to accomplish the impossible task of getting a picture with all 5 kids. About two weeks before Lindsey was born I attempted a picture of the 4 older kids together. This was the best one....(I used it in a siggy)

Should be a fun picture to get this year. :D

So where are you at with the Christmas card conundrum? Have you already planned yours out?? Made them??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about using that photo if the 4 and then adding a smaller newborn pic of the baby off to the side but kind of still on the other picture, KWIM?

Love that pic, its soo them!