Monday, February 12, 2007

Soccer season has begun!


Today was Lexi's very first soccer practice. She was excited beyond words that it was finally here. Of course as soon as we got there, she became instantly shy and hid clutching my pantleg. But I shoo'd her away to go play with the rest of the kids and she got over being shy really quickly.

They practiced a couple of drills along with this one--passing the ball around their bodies. Lexi's concentration was hilarious. :D


Then they decided to let the team break up and play against each other a little bit. Not to toot my own child's horn or anything, but Lexi did pretty well. She was fast, and although a little confused at which way to go, seemed to hold her own pretty dang well (and that's awesome considering a couple of the kids on her team played last year).





She was doing SO great. By this point, Rob had come from work to catch the rest of her practice. He no sooner got there, when she momentarily forgot that you don't pick up the ball...right in the middle of the game.

She got kicked right in the face.

Hard.

I think more than anything, her ego was bruised. But after a few moments, she was good to go and got right back out there (Me, I was holding my breath inside secretly thinking "Oh great, she's never going to want to play again".)

And here's my favorite photo of the day...she had Michael Jordan tongue action going on. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, that top picture is wonderful! Seriously ... did you tweak it? Because I'm becoming desperate in the realization I need to learn how to use Photoshop better. :)

And, I need to get your external flash back to you.

And, I'm jealous because Kendrie's soccer coach hasn't called yet and if I have to hear "When does practice start?" one more time I think I might kill myself. :)

Anonymous said...

how sweet! great pics girl! you look like you are LOVIN your new camera!