Tuesday, February 6, 2007

OH NO! What have I done?!??!?!

I've been so frustrated with Lexi's hair lately because it's SO FREAKING LONG and it's always tangly despite my best efforts of keeping in pony tails or braids or whatever. Rob has always said that he NEVER wanted me to cut Lexi's hair. Granted she has really beautiful hair (clearly not from me) there's just SO much of the stuff. Maybe she could give me a hair transplant...hmmm...
Anyway, I was complaining the other day (again) to Rob about how much work it is to keep up with her hair and he finally said "well the cut it!" So tonight I took the plunge. The first cut almost brought me to tears. I cut it shorter than I had planned. It is really cute on her and she LOVES it, and besides all that--it's ONLY hair, and it'll grow...so it's all good in the end. She just looks so much older now. *sigh*
This picture isn't the best, but here's one I shot tonight after I had washed it.


So now here's my dilema....
Her hair is FRIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY and I knew it even when it was long. I have zero experience with frizzy/curly hair. What kind of products should I use? Curling mousse? HELP! When it's wet it's pretty curly. I guess I'll have to google curly hair and see what I can find out. :D

ETA I *think* the hair we cut is long enough to donate to Locks for Love!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my girls use the DOVE anti-frizz cream. You can use it on wet or dry hair, but they SWEAR by it.
:)

Anonymous said...

Erin, I think it's adorable. If you figure out what products to use, let me know. Brayden's hair is just wavy enough to be difficult, and I still haven't figured it out. Johnson & Johnson's No More Tangles every morning helps brush it out, but it's still a ratty mess by the end of the day. And she could care LESS. When do they start to care???

Anonymous said...

I think its cute! She looks so much older now!

If you still dont like it, just tell yourself, IT GROWS BACK!

Anonymous said...

It looks adorable, and she does look older :( I have frizzy out of control hair! Just pick up some anti-frizz cream and put it in her hair when its wet, and scrunch it. Moose will help keep it curly, but the anti frizz will hopefully give it the loose frizz free curls. I really like Frizz Ease by John Frieda. They have many different ones to choose from. If you use the serum (works the best) just use a tiny amt, or it will be greasy looking. ok, novel over :D

Anonymous said...

I still say try bedhead. She looks so cute though.