Sunday, February 25, 2007

does the fighting ever stop!?!

Yesterday the kids had a birthday party they were invited to. Getting there was a small struggle, and we ended up being late. I was feeling stressed but at least we were there and the kids were having fun.

When we're at home, I feel like the main thing they do together is FIGHT. Somedays I get really discouraged feeling like somehow I've failed because surely no kids fight as much as mine do. Everyone tries to tell me it's normal and they will outgrow it. I like to believe them.

Yesterday my kids were SO great. Except for one little brawl that Robby had with another boy (and in his defense, the other boy was older and was picking on him--although Robby can definately hold his own) the kids did great. Haley gave her balloon to another boy who was crying because he didn't have one.

It doesn't end there though...When we went inside none of them were pushing or shoving to get to the table first. They all sat patiently waiting for their cake. Some of the other kids were demanding a spoon instead of a fork, or a drink, or ice cream. I tell you I was beaming with pride that my kids were being so well behaved and really began thinking that things I say at home really don't go through one ear and out the other.

I have some awesome kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those days- seems like a mom can live on that for weeks.
*sigh*