Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I heart books

I haven't always loved reading. In fact, I don't think I really gained a LOVE for reading until sometime within in the last couple years. I've often heard people talk about different seasons of life. There are some things that you just can't do (or don't want to do) at some stages of your life, that you might want to do later. The last 8 1/2 years I've been in the thick of babies. What a joyful and FULL time of life it has been for me. Between the daily hub-bub of diapers, toys, bottles and sippy cups, play time and naptime, meal times and trying to keep up with the mess, I was lucky to find any time to read. And if I did, I was more likely to fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion.

But within the last year or two, as my kids are getting older, and more independent, my day to day hub-bub is changing and I've discovered the joy of a good book! I can't get enough! My list of books to read is growing rapidly. What a fun hobby this is!

I got an early birthday present from Rob last week. Since I was having surgery and would be down for a while, he wanted me to have it early. He got me a Sony e-reader! What a fun gadget this is! I've already got several books loaded on it, just waiting for me to dive in! I have a great husband!! :)

What's on YOUR to-read list?

No comments: