Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A day out for mommy!

Today my friend and I got to take the day off from being Mommy (or part of the day anyway). What fun we had. We've known each other for about 10 years and even though we've had spurts where we haven't been in contact, getting back together always feels like no time has passed at all. I love that girl! :)

We really didn't do anything, per say....I mean we did some shopping, had lunch, went to some antique shops, etc. But it's fun to have a day now and again when you can spend hours looking at antiques, if you want to!

As we went through the day, swapping stories and giggling about the silly things that our kids do, I thought of one of my goals for the new year....Redefining myself. It is days like today that get me back to some of the basics of who I am. Spending time with great friends with whom I can be myself totally, and then coming home to my family and realizing how much I love these knuckleheads. :) It's refreshing to feel this way.

I guess a day out is really what I needed! :)

2 comments:

Toni said...

I wanna do that too! That is a great goal!! Glad you had a good time ;)

Unknown said...

I love Mommy Days Out! They're so refreshing. Glad you had fun!