Monday, December 29, 2008

Almost another year!

Wow I really am a bad blogger. I do try. It's one of my goals for this coming year. So be prepared to be inundated with some pretty boring day-to-day stuff. :)

Sadly, our sweet Snickers isn't with us anymore. She got out of our yard one day (I think she got out under the deck) and we haven't been able to find her. The kids took it kind of hard at first, Robby was the saddest. He still gets sad when he thinks about it. :(
I think we might try getting another dog later in the year. I don't think we'll go the puppy route again, but maybe 2-3 years old. I'd love to get a golden retriever. We could name her Biscuit (Haley has an infatuation with the name biscuit and wanted to name Snickers it too). I guess time will tell.

Christmas was a huge hit. We totally overdid it on the presents. I think next year we'll scale back down. It was just nice to splurge a little this year since I've been working. I think the biggest hits were nerf guns for the whole family and dolls that I made. I promise to get some pictures up soon!!

We've been enjoying family time since Rob doesn't go back to work until this Friday. He's been off since Christmas Eve. And since it's Georgia and cold weather is apparently unheard of, there have been lots of opportunities to play outside. We should have gone camping.

Rather than resolutions for the new year, I'm just setting goals...9 of them (to start with anyway) for 2009! Here's my list...
1. Read my scriptures...everyday. (both privately and with the family). We usually start off good, but then things happen and well that's that.
2. Journal at least weekly, if not everyday. That's where my blog comes in too.
3. Be healthier. I hate to just say "lose weight" even tho that would be the ultimate goal, but I want to eat healthier and exercise more. Which will hopefully result in losing weight! :)
4. Do more creative projects that I want to do.
5. Take more notice in the little things. I have had this real wake up call with how fast my kids are growing. Linds is entering more toddler less baby and before I know it, they will all be grown. I want to cherish this time. I want to do more of the little things with them.
6. Be more organized. Less scatterbrained. I need a system. Not sure what it is yet.
7. Be more confident.
8. Make plans with my photography
9. Redefine myself. Refocus on things that important to me. Live laugh and love. :)

What are your goals or resolutions for 2009?

No comments: