Monday, June 11, 2007

A week with Grandma

Alexis gets to spend the week all by herself with her Grandma. It is totally bittersweet for me. I know she'll be well looked after, and that she'll have a great time....But she's my baby. She is really excited about it, and yet also a little unsure. Already this morning she has told me (and each of her siblings) that she's really going to miss us about a hundred times. If only she knew how much I'm going to miss her.

We'll go down on Friday to visit with Rob's family over the weekend and pick her up. I think this will be the longest week ever. I remember the feelings the first day I had to take her to school and LEAVE her there...I think it will be a much similar feeling having to come home without her.

But Grandma has some really fun things planned and I know it'll fly by for her. It's just another little reminder that my "baby" isn't a baby anymore. She really doesn't even like to be called a "little kid". She thinks she's like an adult....and has got the bossing around of her siblings down pat! Ahhh I love this girl. :)

No comments: