Thursday, June 17, 2010

10 years!!

The second weekend of summer vacation marked our 10th anniversary!!

On June 17, 2000, Rob and I were married for time and all eternity in the Atlanta Temple.

Some (very) random things I remember about that day...

I was so happy that my mom made my dress. I loved that she did that for me.

The drive up to Atlanta seemed forever long, but the drive back was worse! There was a ton of traffic.

Being surrounded by family in the temple was such an amazing feeling.

My brother was the only siblings not there...he was on his mission still (What better reason to miss it could there be!?)

My grandmother wore a white dress with tiny black polka dots. She said since they didn't do "white weddings" for every wedding anymore, she wanted to wear as close to all white as possible. :)

June is a hot month in Georgia....that's all I'm sayin...

My poor oldest niece was sick during our reception. Poor thing!

I was amazed how many people came to our reception!!

I was *HAPPY* (and still am!)

I remember feeling the spirit so strong.

I remember thinking that Emily (my sister) was there in spirit too.

We were so young!! I was 19 and Rob was 25. I really need to scan some wedding pictures... this was our engagement picture.



And 10 years later, Rob and I on Tybee Island.


Five kids and ten years later, we're a little gray-er (Mainly Rob haha!) and a little wiser (?), but this much is the same: We are in love! I never thought I could love him more, but with each passing year, I do.

The week of our anniversary, we went down to Rob's parents and spent a couple days with them, including a day at the beach with everyone, and then he and I ran away for the weekend to Savannah while his parents watched the kids. I love spending time with Rob and this trip was really nice.

I recently read this quote on my friend's blog, and I love it! (Thanks Amy!)
"A perfect marriage doesn't require a perfect man and a perfect woman... It requires a man and a woman working together towards perfection."
--Elder Dallin H. Oaks
I think that pretty much sums it all up. We are by no means perfect. Like any couple, we have ups and downs, but we try really hard to work together.

Happy 10th Anniversary, Babe. I love you!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Erin this was a lovely post. I too was 19 when I got married and wouldn't change a thing. The best decision I ever made. So glad you are so happy and I totally loved the quote. In fact I just wrote it in my journal! I think that is the key-working together, you make a great team:) We celebrate 11 years this year and it has flown!! Glad you got to take some time out to celebrate, love bx

Erin Noel said...

Congrats on 10 years! That's so great. You guys are such an awesome family.

Toni said...

Congrats on 10 years :)