Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oh I get it now!


I used to roll my eyes at all the "My child is an Honor Student" bumper stickers or any of the other obnixious "let-me-rub-in-your-face-how-cool-my-kid-is" stickers. (You know we have all seen them..) I would always joke that I wanted the one that says "My kid can beat up your honor student" just for grins. I thought I'd never be one of those parents. I mean puh-lease.

On Friday, Robby came home and proudly exclaimed "I GOT STUDENT OF THE MONTH!!!!" His expression was priceless. He was beaming with pride. And right in that instant, it clicked and I "got" the whole bumper sticker thing. I am so proud of my little guy. How can I not sport the sticker on my minivan? (and the eek face next to it was already there....although somehow it's suprisingly fitting.) :D

So now I'm one of those people you all roll your eyes at. But neener neener look how cool my kid is.

No comments: