Wednesday, December 5, 2007

awesome kids

I think my kids are great, but there are times when it seems like all they do is fight, or nitpick each other NON STOP. And I seriously start to wonder if it's something I have done (or haven't done) that has resulted in all the general crankiness.

But then there are days like yesterda. Alexis, Robby and I all had dentist appointments to have our teeth cleaned. It was their first time ever going and so they were a little nervous. While I was filling out all the paperwork, they took the two of them back to start their cleanings. I was glad that they could go together...and kind of ease each other's nerves.

The staff at the office were SO great, and I had nothing to worry about. By the time I got called back to start my cleaning, they were just about done with Robby. I was in the room next to them and could hear the conversation that went on. Lexi and Robby were taking turns asking what every button, gadget, tool and light in the office did, why it did it, and could THEY do it? And the hygienist was so great and let them "help".

Lexi and Robby were finished before I was, so they got to go to the treasure box since they had been so good (because bad children don't get anything out of the treasure box). I think they made out. Stickers, tattoos, a plastic snake for Robby and a ring for Lexi. All that on top of the new toothbrushes and toothpaste. I tell you, who needs Christmas?! Just make a trip to the Dentist. :D

Before we left, though, everyone kept telling me how nice and sweet Alexis and Robby are, and how I've done such a great job with them. It really was nice to hear it from someone else. As much as I think they are great, it's a nice feeling to know I'm not just biased. I do have some awesome kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do have awesome kids! My girls love going to the dentist, too -- in fact, B just went today. Strange kids...I'm still terrified of the dentist!

Anonymous said...

you're a great mom! I have those moments too when someone else says my kids are great and I think ahhh maybe I'm not doing such a bad job after all.