Sunday, March 25, 2007

You'd think by now I'd have the pregnancy thing down

With all my previous pregnancies, I've had little to ZERO morning sickness, nausea etc. Sure there was tiredness but I guess with 4 kids 5years old and under, tired doesn't really begin to describe things.
This time around, things have been very different. I'm nauseous constantly, I'm usually in bed and asleep by 9 (much to the dismay of all my online friends who I used to talk to at night) and nothing helps! I've tried eating smaller meals more often, tried all the ginger ale, saltine crackers...nothing. And if I even look at the toothbrush, the back of my throat starts to tingle like I'm gonna gag. *shudder* I guess I should look at the beauty of praying to the porcelain god so often....my toilets have never stayed so clean.
I'm really hoping that this morning sickness (or ALL DAY as in my case) will subside as I get into my second trimester. My poor family hopes so too, since I have a hatred for cooking because nothing ever sounds good and who wants to cook while you're nauseous!?!

We've also been actively looking for a house to buy, and have had some bad luck thus far. We actually liked 3 houses, but none of them worked out, for various reasons. But we press forward knowing that *the* house is out there for us. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, i am sorry girl! For the house thing, and the nauseous thing...maybe its...dare I say...TWINS?!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm each time you where pregnant with a singleton...not sick...and now your sick...could you imagine....it does run in the family you know :D

I really hope you start feeling better. I can't even imagine feeling that crummy and having to be a mommy (to 4). Thats like my biggest reservation!! lol (gonna have to get over that!)

So sorry about the luck with the houses hun! We went through the SAME thing, and its so upsetting, and so out of your control. Try to think of it as it not being the "right" house for your family. When it is meant to be it will happen. Its strange because I was in love with some of the houses that didnt work out for us, but the house we finally got is so perfect and I couldn't imagine us anywhere else..

WOW, sorry for the novel..im NOT PUI either :D

Anonymous said...

Here's what worked for me...
PBJ.
I hate it but it was the only thing that got me through some of the worse morning sickness I ever had.
Sorry pal.