Sunday, July 26, 2009

sewing projects!

Every so often I get in a sewing mood and I want to sew everything. I have a huge list of things I've bookmarked or saved to try *eventually*. Well I finally got around to a couple of the thing I wanted to try!

I wish I had taken a before picture, but this dress started out as a man's long sleeve shirt. I found the tutorial here:http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-shirt-dress.html
LOVE it!! I want to make a hundred more. Ok, but I'd need a lot more mens shirts first. I actually went to good will and bought 2 to start with. :)

And my little bug-a-boo modeling it for you all! :)


This dress also started out as a man's shirt. I followed the same patter, but ended up changing it up a little. I think it's cute too!


I've drooled over a couple of oven mit tutorials that I found online, and have had some scraps that I just didn't know what to do with. So this afternoon, I decided to make an oven mit! Granted, I only had enough scraps in these colors for one, so it'll have to be a solo mit. I love how it turned out and now want to make them for everyone I know!
Front view..

and the back..


Next up, I think I'm going to work on an apron and maybe some pot holders! :) I need to sew more often! I always love when I find the time to!

6 comments:

Jess said...

The dresses are ADORABLE!!! love the mits too! I wish I could do stuff like that. There are all sorts of things I would like to do for the house....

Unknown said...

LOVE, Love, LOVE it!!! ALL of it! I am in a sewing mood today, too. I've seen some cute tops at Old Navy lately, and I guess I'm turning into my mom because I walk around the store saying her classic quote, "I could sew that for a fraction of the price!" Well, that quote isn't as true as it used to be since fabric can sometimes be expensive. But sometimes it is definitely the cheaper option, especially when you're using a man's t-shirt from Goodwill! SO cute!

Toni said...

Love them all!! So crafty! I enjoy sewing too, just never find the time.

fOx bLoG said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Tara said...

Those are adorable! Of course I LOVE LOVE LOVE the model!

Erin said...

How talented! You should be selling this stuff. I'd buy it. Want to make me one??? lol... seriously.