Friday, April 18, 2008

seasons

Everyone always talks about how there are different seasons in life. I'm right smack dab in the middle of the "mommyhood-needy-i-do-everything" season. I love my children dearly, but some days are HARD! That isn't to say that the work isn't rewarding. It's the most rewarding job ever. But hard, nonetheless. Sometimes I get frustrated wanting to do things that just don't "go" with the season I'm in. I chose to be a stay at home mom because it's important to me....My own mom stayed home until well into my high school years. I think I was spoiled by it. But I loved knowing that she would be home when we got home from school. And I want the same for my own kids. Things that I want to do don't necessarily work right now. I'd love to get into photography more, I'd love to travel with my husband. These things just have to wait. And well, sometimes waiting is HARD! Each year seems to pass more quickly than the last and already I'm amazed at how fast my children are growing up. So while I know that they are only little for a SHORT time, I still have my days when I'm eagerly waiting the day when I can do more ME stuff.
Then I just look at them and melt....... and who am I kidding. I have the best job ever right now. I love being a mom. Suddenly my selfish desires seem so insignificant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can understand but I am entering into the next stage since I have no diapers. I hold my Sam and realize there are no more babies coming my way. Sigh, it's good and bad but I love what I have. :) THanks for sharing your feelings.

Anonymous said...

lurve you baby! Don't blink - it goes way too quickly!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post! Every word of it is so true.